MAFF leaflet from late 60s/early 70s

Ask a question about agricultural history or the history of rural economy and society
webweaver

MAFF leaflet from late 60s/early 70s

Post by webweaver »

Spottydog posted this in the Read this First forum and I have re-posted it here;
I'm trying to track down a MAFF information leaflet from the late 60s/early 70s for an article I am writing. A colleague showed it to me many years ago, but he no longer has it. I think it was urging farmers to take up 'modern' methods to increase productivity, and the important sentence from the point of view of my article was to the effect that 'conservation has no place on the modern farm'. (How times have changed since then!). MERL appears not to have a copy. Does anyone know if there is a library of MAFF leaflets anywhere?

rwhoyle

Re: MAFF leaflet from late 60s/early 70s

Post by rwhoyle »

I think that MAFF publications are a complete bibiographical mess. I have never seen anything that looked like a complete set. The intention is to put all the Bulletins on LIBRAL in at least one edition and as much of the one-off literature as we can access. It may be worth you looking over the Sectional List [of government publications] to see if you can identify the leaflet: I thought they were already on LIBRAL but it seems not - we will look into where they have gone when we get back at the weekend.

Best,

Richard the scanner

webweaver

Re: MAFF leaflet from late 60s/early 70s

Post by webweaver »

We have now uploaded three versions of the MAF (and MAFF) sectional lists to LIBRAL.
Web Weaver