Seeking Participation in Reviewing Popular Game About Agriculture

Ask a question about agricultural history or the history of rural economy and society
TONeill

Seeking Participation in Reviewing Popular Game About Agriculture

Post by TONeill »

I am producing a video about one of the most popular modern strategy board games - Agricola. Its theme is farming in the 17th century and it has literally hundreds of pictures of farming tools and paraphernalia, some of which can appear rather esoteric (certainly to a strategy board gamer!). I thought it would be fun to have someone with an interest in farming history to shed some light on the theme around the game.

The game is immensely popular and can be played on the ipad and online on various sites. Play-Agricola.com has recently recorded 350 000 games played but it is the just one of the many platforms. There is a national championship at the NEC each year. Agricola is ranked 29 out of the most popular 1200 games listed on BoardGameGeek.com.

What I will be looking for is someone to look at some of the depictions of farming from the past, prepared by me, and simply say whether there is anything interesting about them. I am prepared to pay £25 for per hour of your time. I expect it to take no more than one hour in the first instance.
If this might interest you please get in touch via private message on BAHS. It will be a lot of fun, I can promise you!
Attachments
Agricola Cover.jpg
Last edited by TONeill on 14 Aug 2020, 14:46, edited 2 times in total.

webweaver

Re: Seeking Participation in Reviewing Popular Game About Agriculture

Post by webweaver »

Please can you clarify whether remuneration will be associated with this job.
Many thanks
Catherine
Web Administrator

TONeill

Post by TONeill »

Edited 14th Aug 2020

Lin Thorley

Post by Lin Thorley »

Definitely interested but can't PM you yet (I think I am restricted as a newbie!). Am farming and also into agric history
Lin

webweaver

Post by webweaver »

Hi Lin
I think the original poster found someone eventually. It's a pity you didn't see this at the time. Keep reading and posting though!
Web Weaver